Breakfast is the first meal of the day, which is why it is really essential to be served. Serving breakfast for kids can be tricky because kids are very picky with their choice of food.
To start the day, kids are always ready for a good meal to energize them for the entire day. Nonetheless, morning is surely a hectic time because you need to prepare every need for your kids from A to Z; hence, breakfast is often rushed.
However, don’t worry, there are several healthy toddler breakfast that you can make easily. You won’t need a lot of time making it so you have plenty of time to do other chores.
BREAKFAST IDEAS FOR KIDS AND TODDLERS (EVEN PICKY ONES!)
If you kid is picky with their choice of food, introducing them to the familiarity of food is really useful. You can be creative with your food choice for your kids, but you have to keep it regular.
Toddlers acknowledge routine and familiarity; therefore, when you serve something regularly, kids have better tendency to eat them. For example, you serve mash potatoes twice a week, your kids will know what to expect at breakfast.
HOW TO SERVE BALANCED TODDLER BREAKFASTS, STEP-BY-STEP
Balanced meals are very needed by toddlers for the sake of their development; thus, you can try to serve food from most of these food groups in the course of most meals.
- Carbohydrates : Carbs are the source of energy, so foods like whole grains, fruit, and veggies like sweet potatoes are the right choice.
- Protein : To keep your child bodies grow and feel longer satisfaction, protein is really helpful. You will have fewer snacks to make when protein is served. Protein can be found in meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds and legumes.
- Healthy fats : Healthy fats are good for the development of brain for babies and toddlers until the age of 2. However, it is not recommended that kids under age two who are on fat restricted diets. Healthy fats for toddlers can be found in avocado, flax, chia seeds, nuts, fish such as salmon and sardines, egg yolks, and while milk dairy like grass-fed because it contains higher levels of omega fatty acids.
- Produce: For immunity and proper development, fruits and vegetable of all kinds and colors provides the vitamins and minerals that toddlers need. And they taste delicious as well.
Now, there are several ideas for healthy kid breakfast that you can make.
1. Sweet Potato Toast
Sweet potato toast is rich with nutrition. You can be creative in making the topping for sweet potato toast, such as fruits or vegetables which add more vitamins to the dish.
All you need for the dish is sweet potato, your choice of toppings and some additional seasonings. You only need at least 5 minutes to make this dish.
2. Snack Plate
One easy choice for snacks is snack plates. You can serve snack plate at any time like dinner or even breakfast.
The ingredients for this dish is very simple, you can add a low-sugar dry cereal or crackers, protein like cheese, cottage cheese, nut butter, egg and fruit. Easy and delicious right?
3. Overnight Oats
Overnight oats contains of great nutrition for toddler during breakfast. Moreover, it is also really easy to make.
Additional ingredients beside the oats can be fruits and yogurts to add more nutrition to the dish. The thickness of the food makes it easier for toddler to eat with a spoon.
4. Eggs, Fruits, and A Whole Grain
This dish is a combination of all nutrition that you need for your kids plus it is really easy to make the dish. For the egg, you can boil them until it is hard-cooked and the rest is really up to you.
You can add fruits and slice them in small pieces such as orange or apples and then you can have additional choice of veggies as well.
Muffins are pleasing to the eyes and also delicious. Kids are easily attracted to appealing dishes and surely, muffin is one of them.
You can bake muffins whenever you are free and then add additional toppings such as fruits like strawberry or grapes.
6. Turkey Sausage, Clementines and Cereal
Turkey sausage is a delicious and easy option for your kids’ breakfast. To add more nutrition to the dish, you can add some fruits like clementine, orange or banana.
Then, you can add your kids’ cereal option and some milk to complete the dish.
7. Pancakes and Chopped Strawberries
The classic and delicious easy to make dish for breakfast is pancakes. There is nothing better than a warm pancake in the morning and the taste is surely incredible for the kids to try.
You can add maple syrup on top and fruits as the side dish. Voila! A piece of cake right?
8. Scrambled Egg with Cheese, Tomatoes and An English Muffin
Who doesn’t like cheese? Everybody is obsessed with cheese including children. A simple scrambled egg with cheese is able to make a great dish for your kid.
It’s simple, easy and delicious. For additional side dish, you can either add fruits or veggies like tomatoes. Then, you can also add some toast to fulfill your kids’ need of carbs.
9. Crackers with Cottage Cheese and Berry Smoothie
An easy snack to start the day and another dish with cheese. You can have any kind crackers that you have at home and dip it with cottage cheese.
Then make a berries smoothie by blending a half banana and fresh or frozen strawberries into 6 ounces of milk for a sweet and enjoyable smoothie.
10. Whole Wheat Toast with Peanut Butter and Bananas
Peanut butter toast with bananas on top is such a yummy and easy dish to make for your children. This dish is full of nutrition that is needed for your kids to spend the day. You only need to prepare banana, toast and some butter jam.
There you have it, easy and simple dishes that you can make in the morning for kids. Now, you can save more time but still serves a healthy delicious meal.